During Mandan’s Spring Clean-up Week, the Mandan landfill will be open on Saturday, April 29 and Monday, May 1 through Saturday, May 6 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. The landfill will accept items from Mandan residents, including furniture and appliances, free of charge.
During Clean-up Week, Mandan residents may place bulky item for special waste collection pick-up at their boulevard curb only, items WILL NOT be picked up in the alleyways. Items must be placed by the boulevard by 5 a.m. on their normally scheduled garbage collection day. The items placed in front of residents houses on the boulevards will be picked up by Spring Clean-up crews. Crews will pick up items that two men can lift, such as furniture and appliances.
Please keep Spring Clean-up items separate from household garbage and items you do not want picked up. Items to be picked up cannot be mixed in with the house hold garbage (bagged or loose) otherwise spring cleanup items will not be picked up. Mark items such as old garbage cans, crates or boxes that you want to get rid of; otherwise, these items will be emptied and left at pickup site.
Public Works will not be entering the Mobile Home Parks. Residents in these parks will need to contact the Park Manager for more details for their Spring Clean Up details.
PUBLIC WORKS CREWS WILL NOT PICK UP:
- Deer hides, bones, wild game
- Building/Construction Material (no doors)
- Carpet (considered construction material)
- Tires – During spring clean-up week the landfill will charge $2 per tire
- Sod, Rocks, Dirt, Sawdust
- Batteries (Interstate batteries may take old batteries)
- Liquids (including paint)
- Paint is to be dried with the lid off and taken to the landfill. Regular garbage will pick up dry paint. (Paint can be dried using sawdust or sand)
- No hazardous waste (pesticides, cleaning supplies, paint, oils, etc.)
- Grass, leaves, or lawn clippings – Must be taken to grass collection sites in town
- Branches, twigs, or Christmas trees- 810 8th Ave SE/Mandan Dog Park
Any appliance that is left for spring clean-up that has any type of food item in them will be left at the pick-up site. The appliances with food in them will then be the citizen’s responsibility to take that appliance to the City of Mandan Landfill. **